Monday, November 14, 2011

Catching Up with Gratitude

I got a little behind on my gratitude.  Well, not on HAVING the gratitude, but on documenting it.  So to catch up all the days I missed here are several things I've been grateful for lately:


Day 10 - NPR


I know I already mentioned my love of This American Life, but a completely separate gratitude on NPR in general is in order.  NPR keeps me company every single day.  I'm not sure if I'd ever listened to NPR before I moved to Virginia back in the early 90s, but I've been listening ever since.  Every day I love to get the bulk of my news from NPR.  I firmly believe our country wouldn't be the same without National Public Radio. 


11. 


This is a self-portrait with one of my dogs, you can just see her paw there on my shoulder.  The thing is I really love my dogs.  It seems kind of silly in a way, they are just dogs.  But they are really great to have around.  I like that they kind of let me know when someone is at the door without having to have a doorbell.  Our youngest dog is really playful and sometimes it is nice that she bugs me to play fetch or tug of war with her - sometimes dogs remind us that we need a break, and we need to play too. 


Day 13 -  Little Kids


This is actually a photo of my niece.  I used to not be super crazy about little kids when I was younger - before I had kids.  Oh I liked some kids just fine, but in general, I wasn't a huge fan.  But now I really appreciate the perspective that children bring into the world. They're really great. 



14.  Friends & Family



I am so grateful to have so many great friends and family in my life.  There are so many people I love and people who love me back!  That's really nice.  Some of my friends I have had for a really long time, and for those who are long term friends who I am still able to stay in touch with? It's really really awesome.  I live far away from some of the people I love, but it is nice to know there are people in many different locations who I care about and who care about me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails