Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's Thursday...Time for Trendy Purple



E


verywhere in design magazines and online design blogs this year you can find an article that says "Purple is the latest decorating trend". Really? I honestly couldn't name one person I know who has a purple room. I mean, maybe a babies room or a little girl or something - but a purple front room? Family room? Master bedroom? Kitchen? I don't know anyone who has that.

To be honest, I think it's probably one of the hardest colors to pull off properly. I think purple easily veers off into Grandma land. Where one might envision a room filled with lilac satin pillows with lace or something.

So I was actually surprised to find that I have saved quite a lot of purple images over the past few months. Oh yeah, and I did this:
So apparently I did have purple on my mind a little. But it seemed easier to pull off outdoors with all the bright light, than it did inside.

Maybe someday I'll try it inside - if it turned out like these images, it might be doable:























(one thing I really love of these is the one with the painted ceiling in the kitchen...that takes courage but it is "to die for" I think)

1 comment:

Jenny-Jenny said...

I think the ceiling with color and the white walls looks pretty cool too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails