Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Using My Imagination - Dream Home

Today a friend told me she lacks imagination.  Oh Man, I almost WISH I had that problem.   I so can't relate.

My brain is full of imaginings about so many things.  There are parallel versions of my life where I live on the beach, in a high rise apartment in the city, a cabin the woods, a cottage in a meadow, a mid century modern in the desert...

Of course my imagination doesn't stop with where I might live.  It extends to wardrobes I don't have (including the youth and the waist-size to go with it), boyfriends I might date (see also: John Cusack), and alternate versions of my life involving a gamut of careers, locations and accomplishments too numerous to mention.  It even involves minutia like chandeliers I would buy if I had a grand home.  Do other people imagine this stuff?  I don't know.  When I'm in a place like home depot I can't help myself but to choose the one door I would buy if I were buying a door.  Except I'm not.  I'm only there to get some weird lightbulb I need.  But I can't stop myself from imagining some unreal home that I am furnishing.

When I was little I loved to imagine there were little tiny people who lived in my drawers.  I believed in all kinds of magic.  My memories of playing as a child include imaginary friends who seemed real.  I have a very vivid memory of playing ring-a-round the rosy with 3 other people, all of whom I had imagined into existence.  I was maybe 3 years old.  I had one imaginary friend who stuck around for a long time. He was a boy and his name was Dendy.

I love to read because it's way to use my over-active imagination, I love movies for the same reason.

I have just always been like that I guess - everything always seems kind of possible to me.  Even when I know, logically, it probably isn't.  But my brain never can stick with that pure logic long and I'm off on a train of thought that imagines possibilites instead of realities.  You can't convince me there's anything wrong with that.  I think it's the main reason I'm never bored and pretty much always hopeful.

Anyway...

I thought it might be fun to share some of my various fantasy versions of my life on this blog.

So in this post, one of my dream homes.

This is one I came across recently.  It's a California remodel. I'm not sure what city it's in.  I IMAGINED it was my house and I lived in Pasadena.  But you're free to imagine it anywhere you like.

















3 comments:

Christina Martinez said...

In very simple terms: Me want. Oh and I very much understand having an over active imagination.

Christina Martinez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynthia said...

ooooohhhhh, I think I could live there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails