Friday, July 15, 2011

The Definition of Bold

BOLD:
 
1.
not hesitating or fearful in the face of actual or possible danger or rebuff; courageous and daring
2.
not hesitating to break the rules of propriety; forward; impudent
3.
necessitating courage and daring; challenging: a bold adventure.
 
 
Can you think of a better way to approach your home decor?  
 
 (a note about images - from now on I will try very hard to attribute any images from their original source where possible, however many of these were saved prior to my attempt to authenticate the images and so only a few of these indicate their designer or original source)
 
I love the use of maps here - I'm not quite sick of that yet, though I'm sure that day will approach given the ubiquitous nature of that particular trend, I love the nautical feel of the white and navy stripes.

Via Traditional Home - a great way to combine very bold colors in a traditional room, paired with the white walls, everything looks clean and classic, even though those colors are anything but.

via Traditional Home - same room, different view

Via Glam Lamb, I don't know why this room feels like a Gwen Stefani outfit but it does...

I'm seriously in love with this.  I just love everything about it - I adore the curtains, love how they've done the trim in yellow, dig the pillows, and adore how they've set up the room.

The way these pillows/cushions are set up it's almost like Ligne Roset.  I always love orange and pink together. 

LOVE the pillows



There's a lot going on, but it's pulled together so nicely.  That chair makes the whole thing work!


A new take on beachy fun.

pink and orange again, I'm liking that orange side table!

Simply lovely

I really need an office like this, at least that office chair...

Super fun kitchen, great ideas here for older homes and when you're on a budget.

I'd happily adopt that chair

Oh baby...heart it

great color combo

way too staged looking, but I am using it as an example of how you could do this with a bookcase and have something really cool.

Nice combination of colors in an unusual configuration of tones.


ADORE!

Quietly bold

Talk about a great combination of 2011's trendiest colors  gray, yellow & purple!



a really tricky thing to pull off well, but it looks great

I really admire the audacity of this.

shabby chic becomes more interesting here...



Don't you want to marry that chair?

a super simple, yet great, idea

you wish you had this in your house I'm sure...curling up to read here would be awesome

 

1 comment:

Suzanne Barker said...

Some really cool ideas. interesting ceilings too. I'm not sure I could pull them off, but fun to look!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails