Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ultimate Luxury

One of my magazines has a page where they ask people what the ultimate luxury is. I don't think of myself as the type of person who enjoys luxury on much of a regular basis. To me luxury is a hot bath and a diet coke. But one of the responses in the magazine was that a pair of converse in every conceivable color was the ultimate luxury. That is a definition of luxury I can get behind. Most days I wear a pair of beat up black chucks that I've had for a couple of years now - my pinkie toe even sticks out the side of the right shoe because they are so worn. But they are the most luxurious and indulgent thing I own.

This year converse released some Kurt Cobain shoes that I wish I had. I have a Kurt Cobain obsession and honestly, I identify my black converse chucks with Cobain - so having the ones with his writing on them would be so totally cool - and I would hardly ever wear them so I could keep them forever. Shannon will probably tell me this is morbid and creepy, but I can't help it.

























It would be awesome to have converse in every day-glo color possible.











Okay - these are AWESOME. Little Red Riding Hood? Are you kidding me. I NEED these.
















One of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies - I love that Sophia Coppola threw these in there - Marie Antoinette with a pair of powder blue converse. Perfect.

And who knew more about Luxury than Marie Antoinette?

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

That cracks me up. I've never owned a pair of converse, and hadn't ever thought about buying a pair. Until now.

Suzanne Barker said...

Oh aren't they fun Lezlee! And it's not like they are horribly expensive. Get the Little Red Riding hood shoes! I thought about them too, when I ended up getting my polka dot ones. They have so MANY cute pairs on their web site! and what a fun photo from that movie! How did you notice that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails