Friday, June 24, 2011

2011 Paint Picks - Part 6

It's a our final entry on this subject!  I bet you never thought we'd get here (I was starting to think maybe we wouldn't...quite frankly, I'm ready to move on to another topic!)  Still, of all the paint choices we've talked about so far, this one is by far the most ubiquitous and most trendy and most used color of 2011.  And obviously, I'm a little bit prone to trends myself (even though I often think I'm really not) because even I painted a room this color in the past year, and I never thought I would paint a room gray.  I've already blogged this color a few times in the past 6 months or so, but here are some images I had left in my files: 


I'm always super hesitant about wallpaper - just because it can be tricky to hang, and a major pain to try to remove.  But this one is a keeper.  I feel like this feminine and slightly shabby thing seems fresh here because of that gray paper on the wall. 

I must really like this because I saved it twice.  I love the orange (another of our top trending colors) with that gray.  Another trend?  The ever present map motif, as seen on the floor. 

Another trend check - maps? yes, yellow and gray? yes, smidge of tiffanyesque blue? yes - this room has it all.

I love how they've added a lot of colors with the gray in this room (another trend? lavendar)

Decadent and gorgeous

When you start looking for the right gray you realize very quickly there are an endless amount of them - everything from bordering on blue, purple, brown, white and black it can be really hard to choose the right one.  This one is lovely. 

I'm probably heavily influenced by the idea of taking a nap in that bed, but this is nice.

maybe my favorite of all these images.  I'm such a sucker for that Hermes orange with that gray paper. 

Gray and white is such a nice combination. 

big smiles here with the eames rocker and the orange

lovely & trending with purple too


I don't see it in kitchens all that often, but it's very good here.  And with that SMEG fridge in that color?  so great.

This is the darkest gray charcoal you can get to without veering into black.  Love it w/ all the yellow.  It's a very restful contemplative space.  










I wonder what trends 2012 will bring? I like to analyze what I see the least of to get an idea of where the trends might go. I rarely see much red these days, even though there was that moment of sort of coraly - pinky red. I wouldn't be surprised if Red makes a comeback in the next year. Any predictions?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails