Sunday, March 13, 2011

see green, sea blue...or was that sea green, see blue?

The current song playing on my blog is by this singer I just stumbled upon at the movie I reviewed in my last entry (Happythankyoumoreplease). And a lot of times that happens - I'll find music I really like in a movie, and then I'll come home and try to find the soundtrack or the movie score. This movie was tricky, because as far as I can tell, they have not put out an official soundtrack for the film, anyway - her name is Jaymay and she has some beautiful stuff on itunes if you care to go looking. But I just randomly chose this song for the blog because it fit my mood at the time (if you're reading this months later and now what happens to be playing is Aerosmith or something crazy...just know, I change the music frequently and it usually matches my current mood, sorry for the confusion...) Anyway!

This isn't really even a post about music - although now I guess it sort of is, because I've spent a paragraph explaining the music. :) What it was really about was mood. And lately I'm in a green and a blue mood. I keep finding all these rooms and all this decor stuff I really like in mostly blue or green. So it's kind of synchronistic - this song and the decor. Also moodiness because I find that sometimes I am in a kind of melancholic bluesy kind of mood and then outside right now in Phoenix it is so SPRING and that makes me think more of green - and green is a happy mood for me. Maybe this post is really about me being a little frickin' MOODY.

Whatever.

Go buy or listen to some music by Jaymay, you'll thank me later. In the meantime, here are some inspiring rooms in some purdy colors.

(oh also...gosh this post is so ADHD isn't it? Sorry...digression for a moment, but lately a couple of people have told me that they like the blog and that they have looked at it while insomniac in the middle of the night - if you're one of those people looking right now "Hi", sorry about the inability to sleep - Me too sometimes, and it's not fun is it?...I've found one of the best ways to fall asleep is to start decorating a room in your head so go try that after you've looked around here for a while if you feel like it...and also, "Thanks" to the people who tell me they like the blog. The same few people tend to comment here a lot and most of them are personal friends, but it's nice when I occasionally see someone in person and they mention something they liked that they read or saw here - or I find out someone who used to know me stumbled upon this - or I get a random email from someone I really don't know at all who tell me nice things...all of those things are nice little happenstances)

Where was I?

Oh yeah

See green and see blue....

or sea green and sea blue

or something like that...
















3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love the music. And love the colors.

Suzanne Barker said...

TRIED TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON YOUR FINAL REMODEL POST, BUT IT WOULDN'T TAKE FOR SOME REASON. I THINK IT LOOKS FABULOUS. YOU DO WAY MORE THAN I WOULD BY MYSELF. YOU GO GIRL!

Bandanamom said...

Hmmm I have heard that a few times lately from people, that they tried to leave a comment but it wasn't working. I thought maybe it had something to do with my colors I chose and people not being able to see the link (it was a really soft gray that kind of almost disappeared for a while, so I changed all the colors) - but now I'm not sure what the deal is. Thanks for the comment! You're being crazy when you say that I do way more than you would by yourself because YOU are the one that I always think that about with all the stuff you do all the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails