Friday, December 03, 2010

Bah...

H


umbug...

Never thought I would say that but...that's my feeling about Christmas this year.

The changes in the color of the blog are my attempt to spread a little seasonal cheer around here. But I'm still not feeling it yet, and we're fully in December now. By now, usually I already have my tree up, and I'm playing Christmas music. But so far this year...I haven't quite figured it out yet.

So...

I am excited that I got my bedroom remodel done (and if the green is anything, it's certainly cheerful and I suppose, the tiniest bit christmassy...I sure get a lot of various responses to that green when people see it in person...everything from "OH I LOVE IT!" to "Oh...is this...did you think...did you think it was going to be this green? Is that what you were going for?". Honestly I don't care if someone doesn't like it. It makes me feel good. I feel like that room is keeping me sane right now.

SO, as always one project, creates another project. I figure I have at least 4 large(ish) projects I need to complete in the house in the next 6 months or so.

1. The large bedroom in the front of the house needs to be completely re-done.
2. The small bedroom needs to be completely re-done.
3. What used to be my bedroom needs to become a home office/library
4. Where my desk currently is needs to be turned into a nice little kitchen nook.

I've been collected images of all kinds of things with all kinds of ideas and trying to decide where I should put my energy first. I think my temptation would be to do the home office first, but really, I think I should do the large bedroom first and then move on from there.

And guess what color I'm seriously considering?

BLACK.

I never thought I would get up the nerve to do it, but I think it could really work in that room.

So maybe partly as a my final little bah humbug to the season and also as inspiration for the newest project, here's some black inspiration. I'm hoping to have this particular project finished before New Years.

Enjoy:








2 comments:

I Am Boymom said...

Oh...I'm sorry the holiday spirit hasn't found you yet. I was that way last year. Our whole family seems to be in a better frame of mind this year, even though not much has changed for us.

I'm not sure I could do a whole room of black, but if anyone can pull it off. It would be you. I love that you decorate for YOU and that you are willing to take risks where color is concerned. Looking forward to seeing your finished projects!

Bandanamom said...

thanks for the good thoughts Geri...I'm still trying to get there.

I am extremely worried my idea to do the room black isn't going to work. But then as usual, I go back to my old mantra "it's just paint!"...I can always paint over it if I hate it I suppose!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails