Thursday, July 10, 2008

Factoids

I'm calling it factoids but I recently found out 'factoid' means a false 'fact' and not a tid bit of information like I thought it was...

Nevertheless (I totally saw this on someone else's blog and thought it might make a good blog):

My life, in a nutshell



20 years ago I was:
1. 21 years old, and a biscuit away from being engaged (aug of that year)
2. Going to school at BYU and writing to my missionary who was coming home in July
3. Miraculously, not working and managing to survive nonethess (thanks mom & dad)

10 years ago I was:
1. 31 years old with a bunch of kids (8 yr old, 3 yr old & 1 yr old)
2. A biscuit away from buying our house (October)
3. I met Shannon around this time (well, met her sooner than this but became good friends)

5 years ago I was:
1. Had a 13 year old boy and that was NOT fun.
2. Kirk was still the Bishop
3. The rest is a blur

3 years ago I was:
1. All our home remodeling was finally finished!
2. We went to Scotland with Holden which was soooooo great. So glad we did that.
3. Again, a bit blurry

1 year ago I was:
1. Going crazy flying back and forth to Provo every week to go to my classes at BYU.
2. Worrying a lot.
3. I think I had a hang-nail somewhere in there too.

This year so far I have:
1. Lost 60+lbs
2. Taken more classes towards my degree
3. Really enjoyed my kids

Yesterday I:
1. Lost 1/2 a pound
2. Missed Kirk while he is in Florida, but enjoyed not worrying about making dinner
3. Drove my kids around all day as per usual

Today I will:
1. Go to the swim meet and help run the concessions with Shan
2. Drive my kids around as per usual
3. Drink a lot of liquid

Tomorrow I will:
1. Go to Salon Sandoval and get my hair cut & colored (my favorite thing in the world)
2. Eat lunch afterwards with Shannon maybe at Pita Jungle where I will have the salmon
3. Go to Last Chance

In the next year I will:
1. Be a lot thinner
2. Finish more classes at BYU
3. Try to be happy for my 18 year old rather than sad that he is leaving home for college (I'm going to miss him like crazy but I am trying to be POSITIVE)


So I'm tagging Suzanne, Cynthia (otherwise known as Ms. Hale), Shando (hmmm...wonder who will write that?), Geri and anyone else who wants to give a whirl.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I also did Dr F's for a while. I however went off in February due to mental issues. I was having a really hard time dealing with the weight loss. Sounds crazy but true. I started at 182 and ended at 145. Losing all the weight I had to deal with all the issues of why I hated myself. Once I hit 150 I really was liking myself and I was having such a hard time eating the same foods.

Dr F also told me some crazy weight. I think it was 112. Now i am 5'3 and I think I would look sickly. You would think I would have been stronger like you seeing that you are almost done with your first session and I only had to do one session. I have been able to stay within 4 pounds of my weight loss. I have realized the key for me is exercise. Once I went off the diet. I started walk/running I didn't exercise for 2 weeks and gained 3 pounds. It was a sad day when I realized this is what it is going to take to keep this weight off. I would love to chat with you about some of the foods you have found you can eat. I am now at a mental point where I can do this diet again. I am ready to finish and get down to 120. I would love to hear what you eat at the pita resturant. I never went out except to in and out and El polo loco for chicken. Sheri
sheri_morrison@yahoo.com

Cynthia said...

I had the wrong definition for factoid too. Thanks for the clarification.

I Am Boymom said...

Thanks, L...now I have something tothink about! Watch for mine in a day or two. BTW, congrats on the weight loss, I can't even get my brain wrapped around trying to get started again.

Anonymous said...

Very fun!

Just the back & forth to BYU thing should be bronzed on the mantel or something...

Your weight loss success is inspirational!

The "blur" part is understandable and wide-spread.

Autumn said...

You are my new hero! Flying back and forth to BYU for classes? What the heck? I might be a little out of it at times...but I've never heard of anyone flying to a different state to take college course. wow!! I'm very impressed.

What are you taking and what will your degree be?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails