Monday, February 08, 2010

Think Pink

I



n honor of valentines this week I'll be posting some pink, and red, and maybe even lavender rooms.

I swear, if I ever get sick of the red or the green rooms in my house, my next step is going to be pink. It's bold and crazy sometimes, but why not? Life is short. Might as well try to have some fun.

My life has been in a little bit of a funk lately. So let's think pink shall we?



Pink kitchens are awesome...seriously, don't they always sort of remind you of an ice cream parlor or something? I mean, who doesn't want a kitchen that reminds you of an ice cream parlor?



What I liked about this was that the pink was bordering on some kind of great coral - I almost wondered if there is an undercoat so that there are really two colors showing through here - but I love it, it has a very "india" quality to it.




again, not sure how they've done these walls, but they look almost venetian or like some kind of wash, and I just love the effect. Also, I love the tidy little displays on the wall. I just think there's a way to make a pink like this so elegant and workable.


Hot pink chaise lounge? Oh YES please!



Okay if this were my bedroom, I would never, never leave. Seriously. I just absolutely love this with every fiber of my being.


I don't know that I totally love this, but I am thinking that if you have a weird room with a weird feature like this - you might as well paint it hot pink rather than trying to disregard it right?


Don't you love the sheer nerve of this color in this room? To die for.

Is this pink too over the top? Yeah probably, but in like a teens room or something, I think it would be awesome.



Okay so the majority of this room is green...and frankly, kind of boring. But how much do you love those two hot pink ottoman's?



I think I just really like this because I really, really like hot pink and hot orange together.



Hollywood glammy and yummy
Love the pink with the mirror and the lavender with all the white. That mirror is awesome sauce.



Sigh....don't you love this? Doesn't the red with the hot pink look so fab?



If you lived in this bedroom wouldn't you feel like Doris Day in Pillow Talk or something? And wouldn't that be fantastic?



I know that I have no ability to successfully edit a room to this degree - there's no way I wouldn't be putting a bunch of art on the walls or adding furniture or otherwise punching it up somehow...I would forever feel like it was missing something. But I appreciate the restful quality of it. If only I could constrain myself....



This pink definitely borders on being an orange or a coral...but I love it with the green accents.


Dining rooms can look so great in pink - here I might actually also be responding to the Peonies. I think Peonies have become my favorite flowers.


This might be my fave...to die for...I love how it all seems like it wouldn't or shouldn't work together but it just DOES.

I'm pretty sure this is the other side of the same room. What an fantabulous room!



Granted, they've gone a little crazy here. But sometimes crazy is good.


Part of a whole outdoor patio area that I just loved, I really liked all the pink tenting.


I was thinking if I ever repaint my kids bathroom I should go with this kind of pink. They have pink tile in their shower and I'm always trying to figure out how to get around it - ignore it? Incorporate it? Right now I have a yellow in there with the pink and I don't hate it, but I'm not in love either. But I started thinking going really really pink like this might be the way to go.
Another super awesome bathroom.


I think I really love it when they pull these black and white zebra prints with the pink - I noticed I save these types of rooms a lot.

Freaking love this kitchen. The ghost chairs paired with the bare wood and the painted cupboard with the contemporary art? Genius.
Another thoughtful way to use pink in a bedroom without it seeming too girly.


These colored claw foot tubs suck me in every time.
How hard do you think it would be to do this ceiling? I would love to do something like this but I'm so impatient with project of this magnitude - they never turn out right.


Doesn't this sort of remind you somehow of the barbie kitchen set you had when you were a kid? What a cheery place to bake a cake.


I'm not super sold on these chairs...but I do like the yellow with the pink and black and white and I happen to think that hue of pink is just about the perfect pink for a room like this.
I LOVE this, especially the funny girl poster. Such a great little girls room, pink without being over - the - top.

Try to have a pink and cheery day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails