Friday, April 03, 2009

Dude...this is pretty awesome...

Okay so last night late (didn't start til after 10 pm, which for people like us on a work/school night is a tad bit late dontcha think?) we went to the Phoenix Film Festival and the Phoenix premiere of a local film - the name of the film is "Hi, My Name Is Ryan" - it was directed by Steve Rose and Paul Eagleston - Steve is Brian Rose's brother, for those of you who know Brian, and Paul is his cousin.

It was pretty awesome. It's a documentary about a bizarre kid who lives here in Phoenix. I don't know if the movie is ever going to get distribution, right now you can only see it at film festivals, but it's seriously a great little film. Here's the trailer:

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Yeah, that does make for a late night. The trailer is pretty cool. You enjoyed the whole film? I should watch for local film festivals. We went to a student film festival many years ago. It was fun, but I never think to watch for them.

Bandanamom said...

I am not sure if you mean "the whole film" as in, you stayed up that late? Or as in, the WHOLE film, as in "wow the whole film was good?". Or as in cynthia hale finds the whole thing suspect because this is a movie being recomended by the Hays and the Roses -the same people who recommended Waiting For Guffman to you. :)

Cynthia said...

haha. I loved Waiting for Guffman. Dave? not so much. I meant, was the whole film good. But now that I think about it, I'm not sure I could have stayed up that late on a weekday and may have snoozed through the end of the film no matter how good it was.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails