Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Faking Sick

So today Brennan decided to fake sick. I mean wholly and totally faking it...but you know, basically, he could have gone to school but he just didn't want to go and so he put that extra effort into it in order to be ensured being able to stay home. That extra effort involved pretending to throw up, the drooping shoulders while telling me about the throwing up and that peculiar look - head tilted slightly downward trying to keep a straight face while appearing to almost, if not quite, smile. I let it slide. I let him stay home but told him he would be staying in bed all day. I think he truly did feel ill last night but today it was more like an aversion to going to school. Which I also knew. Now he has appologized for lying about how sick he was in an effort to get the television turned back on. Which isn't working on me, by the way. And I thought, you know, I wish I could have faked sick today. But moms never get to do that. Moms can't even be sick for real! And I do actually have a headache but that's not even going to get me anywhere. I don't even know what else to say except that being able to fake sick is one of the best things about being a kid because at a certain point in your life you just can't get away with that anymore, life depends on you too much. But when you're a kid, you can just take the day off.

Lezlee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails