Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sometimes Bad TV is oh so very Delicious...

It's like brownies, really really good - possibly bad for you, but irresistible sometimes.

Most nights Kirk has total charge of the tv control. I give it over willingly as long as we can occasionally change the channel from "Deadliest Catch" or "Dirty Jobs" or "Survivor Man" to something I want to watch. Most of the time this results in Kirk quietly leaving the room to go paint something.

Kirk has been gone all week and I wait until my kids are in bed around 9 pm to start my really bad tv watching catch-up on the DVR. This year the following programs have made their way onto my "so bad it's good" tv list.


I first noticed "Blush" when Joel McHale started goofing on it on Talk Soup. It's ridiculously watchable. Is that Maxi Dude for real? Probably not, but it makes good television. I like the imagine I live in a world where people dress up as Mary Poppins on Crack for fun. It could be scripted reality parody for all I know, but it's still good entertainment.








Oh Rachel Zoe. How I thought I was going to love to hate you. But it's bananas because I love you for reals. So happy there's going to be a season 2.



















Rumor has it Jeff Lewis is coming back for a season 3 of "Flipping Out". I really really hope this is true. I've been in Jeff withdrawals since early fall. Hire me Jeff. I already worked for someone like you before so I'm totally used to the abuse and I'm pretty good at it. See to me someone like you is just a really true to life psychology text come to life, and that's nothing but awesome everyday of the week.




You know I tried to watch those new york housewives but I just didn't get into it. I don't know. It just didn't have the silicone panache of it's California sister. But Atlanta? Oh honey, we've hit the jack-pot here. In your McMansions and your gawdy excess we see the roots of your trailer-park trashiness and it's purely lovely to watch (yes blondie, I'm talking to you).




The original housewifery decadence. Always delivers.










This show is silly and I somehow cannot buy the authenticity of it at all. Even though I know it really is the editor of Elle and that they are giving away actual prizes like America's Next Top Model...somehow I just can't tak you seriously? THESE are the best we can do for fashion interns? Please. Where do I sign up?

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh the joys of holding the remote control yourself. That is a pretty funny list. I've got to say, I've heard about most of them, but not watched a single one. Oh, if only Dave would go out of town for a few days. The joys of cable television! What was the name of the last one you listed? And is Rachel Zoe much like Project Runway? Just wondering.

Bandanamom said...

I'm embarassed to say I've watched most of the episodes of most of those shows. What can I say? It's my only vice. The last one is called "Fashionista" - it's a bunch of really vapid 20ish people competing for an Elle internship. Very silly. I think it's trying to be "The Devil Wears Prada" come to life. But the editor is no Ana Wintour, not even close. Rachel Zoe is a real-life stylist to the stars - her regular clients are people like Demi Moore and Cameron Diaz. She runs her business out of her home and has two people who work for her. It's just craziness. She says things like "that's SOOOO bananas" all the live-long day and I really thought she would be this kind of awful person, but there's something very likable there. Her life is utter chaos though.

I Am Boymom said...

I love The Soup! I love Joel McHale! i love when joel caps on Ryan Seacrest! I haven't watched most of the other shows you have listed. We like Corner Gas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails